About Baby Treasures
My name is Mitali Peckham and I have four gorgeous children who I have always loved designing and making things for. Before having children I trained and worked as an infant school teacher and during that time I often found myself creating teaching materials so I could design them to be just right for what I needed. Then when my son and daughters were born I found there were so many things I wanted to make for them so they could be specifically designed for and therefore just perfect for them. Some of the things I have made for my children are:
- cuddly cloth books using their curtain material
- toys to bring their favourite book characters to life
- velvet and fur Christmas stockings which they could fit in themselves when they were little!
- snuggly baby blankets with their names on
- fabric photo albums which had photographs of them being cuddled by each member of their family so they could look through them and remember how loved they are
- themed party bags and invitations, ranging from felt strawberry bags for a two year old who wanted a strawberry birthday cake to a necklace made from shrinking paper to invite friends to a jewellery party
Baby Treasures has been born out of this love for creating tailor-made gifts for children. I think objects which help comfort you and help you feel you are surrounded by people who love you are very precious and even vital to little children so I want to make some of these ideas available to other babies and children as well.
I hope you like the treasures you find on this site and that the children they are made for enjoy them!